Monday, July 24, 2006

People Who Go, People Who Stay

I do not know him.

But I know he visits this blog occasionally. He pointed me to an essay before. He told me he liked words simple.

I visit his blog sometimes. To feel that spirit who left Singapore. To help me write. Because he writes beautifully.

He is a brave soul. From Sammyboy to blogspot, he lit a path for people to follow. Those who could not stay in Singapore anymore. He made leaving real.

His story remains in cyberspace. From serf to knight. It is his achievement. There are people who go, people who stay. He has gone. Crossed the final rubicon.

Time has slowed an inch in Singapore.

For me, I think he has just stopped writing.

Ocean pulls me close
And whispers in my ear
The destiny I've chose
All becoming clear
The currents have their say
The time is drawing near
Washes me away
Makes me disappear

NIN "The Great Below"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It matters a lot to have people around who embody alternatives - who have lived the pursuit of freedom. Knight of Pentacles did that with great simplicity and for that reason with great power. I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for askingm but passing?

Would someone care to enlighten me?

I have a strange foreboding...

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home