Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Conversations

I am Xenoboy. I am the Political Savant.
It is very simple really, you just have to work, pay your bills and be content with a roof over your head. sometimes, you take a holiday, see the world, come back recharged and live your life. Again and again. Don't think too much. I am content.
Sometimes, I just want to get out of here. I don't know. I feel confined, its as if I know I can do something better, but somehow, the atmosphere, the context here limits me. Its very simple really, I am unhappy because I expect too much.
You got it easy. You got that sum of money and you packed your bags and went. Got yourself an education, hired into a job which allows you to fly to all sorts of weird places, staying for a couple of months in each place and its awesome. Its simple really, you are lucky and I am one of the unfortunates left behind.
My classmate slashed herself. Its the second week of school opening and she cannot cope with the transition to secondary school. She was taken out and I have not seen her since. Its very simple really, she cannot take the stress.
Its hard for me to imagine moving out of this place. I will miss the my friends and most of all, the food. How can you find a place that sells great prata and teh tarik at god forsaken hours except but here. Its very simple really, I have to tune out certain things and just enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
Its very simple really, I have a chance to study hard, get myself to university and after that, put in my utmost in my career. Then, my life will be meaningful, all the stress i am going through will be worth it. I can succeed.
My partner and I are totally in love. But society is not quite ready to accept the concept of us being together. Its very simple really, whenever we can, we slip out to Bintan or Thailand and enjoy ourselves to the max. Its just a matter of some personal adjustments.
Sometimes there a good films which I cannot get to watch in full because of the censors. Its very simple really, I either just get hold of the pirated DVDs or if I am lucky, download it off the Net.
When I was studying overseas, I never felt safe enough to walk the streets by myself. I love it back here coz its so damn safe. Its very simple really, this safety lets me live my life in security and peace.
Elections? Haven't had a chance to vote but the way I see it, whoever challenges the PAP are no-hopers. Its very simple really, sometimes you just have to go with the flow and adapt to what cards are dealt you. I'm ok, living fairly comfortably so thinking about elections is an unnecessary encumbrance.
Its very simple .... really.
I am Xenoboy. I am the Political Savant.
Quote of the Day --

"Is happiness the absence of deprivation? If so, servers are, as purebloods like to believe, the happiest stratum in the corpocracy. But if happiness is the conquest of adversity, or the sensation of being valued and fulfilled, then of all Nea So Copros' slaves, we are surely the most miserable" -- David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"while the few angels soar in the pains of heaven" ???

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is this line I really like but I don't know where it's from - thought maybe you might.

"Holding the best of your self in reserve both overrates the self and underrates what the self can become."

Any ideas?

2:04 PM  
Blogger xenoboysg said...

hi parkaboy,

Frankly no idea. Was initially reminded of Heidegger and dug up an article, The Question Concerning Technology, which has shades of the first half of the statement, the concept of a "standing reserve" which pops up in his "sein un zeit" as well. The second half of the statement reminds me of both Dewey and the early German Idealists.

Than went to trusted Google and found out that the term "holding the self in reserve" can also refer to liberal democratists like Locke who believe in civic participation, with a sense of detachment, holding the self in reserve.

There you go, one afternoon at a MacDonalds with free Internet access lolz The good thing is the revisiting of Heidegger and now penning another un-readable entry. :p

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I don't know anything about Heidigger but Dewey sounds possible. Or maybe I'm just reading it that way because I'm feeling pragmatist these days. :)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home